Monday, February 4, 2008

Response from Wal-mart

This is what Walmart "emailed" me back:

"cacustrel@wal-mart.com"
to me
show details
Feb 1 (3 days ago)
PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL
Please be advised that your email has been sent to the Customer Relations Department. You will receive a response in the shortest possible time. We thank you for visiting www.walmart.ca.We look forward to serving you on your next visit. Thank you.


I dont get why someone would take teh time to type out that letter, but not actually respond to my question. OH WELL, I GUESS THAT'S WHAT THE WORLD IS COMING TO!!!!

2 comments:

MELVIN ZDARSKY said...

Carl, you nut!!! The FORMATS are all wrong on your writing entry!!! But the intention is still there so everything is A O K in a sense!!!!

Just PLEASE be careful in the "future," because everyone is watching "online!!!" Every little mistak will be SCRUTINIZED by the "internet!!!

-Mevin

CHARLIE FERGUS said...

To me it looks like a typical big company giving the run-around to the little people who make their company run: the English, The Deutsch, Espanoles, Portugeues, Franch, Italianos, Polskis, etc.