Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Unpublished Letter on Food Banks


RE: ARE FOOD BANKS THE BEST WE CAN DO?

DECEMBER 20, 2007, EYE MAGAZINE


"Food banks" are inefficient and need to be stream-lined to stop handing out rotting gourmet pizzas to "homeless" teenagers!! The answer is clear and easy: S.O.U.P. I'm 78 years young and my entire diet is soup!! Cans of soup will NOT go bad and they have all of the essential potatoes, carrots and chicken that you need to SURVIVE and THRIVE. Giving needy people "gift cards" will not solve anything as they will probably just buy delicious pies and cakes with them or trade them for "pot".

In closing, Food Banks need to stop accepting perishing food and START handing out only soup!! In cans!! Not the packs where you add water because those have no nutritional value!!

Thank you for considering me,
Melvin Zdarsky

2 comments:

Kagan M. said...

Melvin, I love your new blog and encourage you to keep it up A LOT!

MELVIN ZDARSKY said...

Thank YOU, Kagen!!
I hope to keep things hopping and INTERESTING so there should be no worries from you about what to read! Read my blog!http://melvinsblogspot.blogspot.com/
-"Mel"